Saturday, January 12, 2013



I thought I'd take a moment to share a post from my blog, Lessons From Shadow. If you're a dog lover I think you might be able to relate:













This morning as I called my dog in from the back yard, I


watched him trot along. He did his usual trot, not really


wanting to obey and coming at his own pace. I watched as


he stopped and looked to his right, listening to the dogs over


the fence barking. I called his name. He began his side step


once again, never walking in a straight line. His head bobbed


to the left and to the right, his nose twitching at the various


aromas in the air. Easily distracted. I kept calling, "Come." I


couldn't help but think of how much that represented many


of us. The Lord calls to us, often we come with a distracted


heart. We trot along in life, hearing him calling us, but far to


easily merge to the left or to the right. Thank God he is not


as impatient with us as I was with my dog, Bo!




Proverbs 4:27


New International Version (NIV)


27 Do not turn to the right or the left;

keep your foot from evil.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, being obedient to God is telling Him that we love Him and we take Him and His word seriously. Thank God He is more patient than most people!

    ReplyDelete