Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Holy Distraction







We all know how dangerous the distractions of this life can be. They seem to be EVERYWHERE these days and they can easily draw us away from keeping our eyes on the Lord and his wonderful plan for us.




Yet there are other kinds of distractions as well.  I used to (oh who am I kidding, I hate to admit it but at times I still do) get  aggravated when things distract me from my "work."  If I am not careful, I find myself becoming easily offended.  And before I  know it, the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are anything but pleasing to the Lord. 


But I am thankful that while Jesus walked the earth the "distractions" He faced drew him to people!? Love never fails.



We are his welcomed "distraction."  His "distraction" unto  to the cross!  


The blind man, the leper, the lame, the demon possessed all slowed him from quickly reaching the place in which he was headed that day. 

The journey became the destination and the "distractions" were not only a part of the journey . . .  they were the very reason for it.




So as we go about our day




Psalm 19:14
"May the words of my (our) mouth(s) and the meditations of my (our) heart(s) be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my (our) Rock and my(our) Redeemer." 

I'm glad the Lord wasn't easily offended or rushed, aren't you?

(Google images above)

No comments:

Post a Comment